Chicken and Broccoli Stromboli
1 yellow onion, chopped
4tbsp olive oil
1 small head of broccoli, chopped
1/2 lb ground chicken or turkey
1lb pizza dough, thawed
8oz shredded mozzarella
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. In skillet, cook the onion in 1tbsp oil over medium for 3mins. Transfer 1/3 to a plate. Add the broccoli and 1/2 cup water and cook for 3mins. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In the same skillet, cook the chicken in 1tbsp oil over medium-high, breaking apart and until browned. Transfer to the bowl with broccoli mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
4. Coat baking sheet with 1tbsp oil. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Stretch each into an oval (roughly 8x4") and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture down the center of each then top with remaining cheese.
5. Fold one long side over the filling and fold in the ends. Roll into a log. Transfer to the baking sheet seam side down. Brush each with the remaining oil and cut 2 diagonal slits in the top.
6. Bake until golden, about 15mins.
7. While baking, in the skillet, cook tomatoes with the reserved onion about 5mins. Serve over stromboli.
|before going in the oven|
These turned out SO yummy! Gabe and I each had one for dinner then ate the other 2 for leftovers later that week. Then we made them again the following week! That's how much we liked them! The last time I made them I did a double batch so I froze half (4) of them. We haven't eaten the frozen ones yet, but I'm sure they'll be fine reheated. Definitely give these a try if you're looking for something new! Delish!