Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
I also bought my first few items of maternity clothing! Last week in Buffalo I hit their Old Navy and found 2 shirts on clearance for $2.50 each (you know I love a deal). Yesterday I found a cute top at Target that was 75% off (I got it for $5) and I also bought a pair of jeans at Motherhood that were on sale. Everything is still a little big on me now, but it will come in handy eventually!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
It's a clothesline full of cute little baby clothes! A very clever idea! One of her friends made her cake which was so darn cute:I wish I was that talented! So in just a few short weeks, they'll be welcoming their little bundle of joy!!
Jessica and Kevin:
Friday, January 16, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
1 large can of creamed corn
1 box of Jiffy corn bread mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 stick of butter melted
1 cup of sour cream
Grease a 9x13 pan. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into pan. Bake at 350 for one hour.
Before being baked:
Fresh out of the oven:
The best way to describe this is a very creamy and sweet corn bread. It almost looks raw in the center, but it's not-I think the creamed corn makes it very moist and gives it that "not cooked" look.
Two things: 1) how easy can you get for a recipe?? 2) this is delicious!! Yes, probably a ton of calories, but I'm sure you could use egg whites, substitute margarine or a light spread instead of the butter, and use light sour cream. Me? I made the full fat version! Haha! We have a ton left over too so it'll be good leftovers for the week. YUM!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Parmesan Chicken (or pork!)
12 saltine crackers
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 lb. chicken (4 breasts)
Crush crackers. Add cheese and spices to the crackers and mix well. Dip chicken in milk, then coat in cracker mixture. Put it on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 25-30min.
(Note: we used 2 boneless pork chops and cut the recipe in half and it was enough. We baked ours at 350 with another dish and had it in there roughly 50mins and it was cooked thoroughly.)
Fresh out of the oven:
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Got hitched!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I usually don't make them!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes-my friend Sara had a daughter Madeline, my friend Julie had a girl Carly, and my friend Katie had a boy Roman!
4. Did anyone close to you die? my Great Aunt Anna (Papa Joe's sister) passed away mid-Dec. Man did she make some good cannolis!
5. What countries did you visit? I can't remember if I went to Canada at all or not. We did go to Aruba so that counts.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More time in Buffalo-we used to go a lot more frequently than we have in the past few months-although with the baby coming in June, that might not happen!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 19-our wedding day and Nov 2-our 5 year dating anniversary and the day we found out I'm pregnant!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting to work in the surgery room at work (and getting a raise), and planning our wedding.
9. What was your biggest failure? None I can think of-I'm not completely satisfied with work, but have no clue what I would be doing instead.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just morning sickness!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Probably our new bed
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Our friends and family for making our wedding day (and shower and brunch) so special and memorable for us. They were all a wonderful support.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A few coworkers along the way
14. Where did most of your money go? Haha! The wedding, of course. And the trip to Aruba
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The wedding, honeymoon, and finding out we're going to be parents!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Forever" by Chris Brown-we listened to it a lot before the wedding and it was a last minute "must play" song at our reception so every time we hear it, we think of the wedding.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier. b) thinner or fatter? Fatter since I'm pregnant c) richer or poorer? pretty much the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spend more time with my Grandfather when he was in town-he came in for 3 weeks but for most of it we were on our honeymoon. I only got to see him at the wedding festivities and 2 other times, which isn't much since I only see him once a year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? I have no idea
20. How did you spend Christmas? We do the same thing every year-Xmas eve at my cousins in Buffalo, stay overnight, then back to Roc for dinner with my in-laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Nope, that was in 2003. :)
22. What was your favorite TV program? Criminal Minds, Amazing Race
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word-dislike very much? Yes...
24. What was the best book you read? "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I'm not all that great at Guitar Hero!
26. What did you want and get? an amazing husband, a relaxing honeymoon, a baby on the way, a new bed
27. What did you want and not get? a million dollars?
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I have no idea! I'm awful at remembering movies!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? The night before we went to my fave Buffalo restaurant, Left Bank with my Mom and Aunt. The day of, I went for coffee with my friend Renee, then Gabe and I went to Fat Bob's with my Dad for dinner, then my friend Megan stopped over for a bit.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I don't know. Everything that matters was fantastic-I couldn't be happier!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? What the heck does this mean?
32. What kept you sane? Being able to vent to my hubby, family, and friends, and working out
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Again, no idea
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election of course-it was a big year for that!
35. Who did you miss? I missed some of the friends and family members who were unable to make it to our wedding....some of whom we haven't seen in many, many years.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Wow, it's hard to think of someone that I just met in 2008. Maybe my friends' new babies? :)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. That time is precious and to be thankful for what you have
Friday, January 2, 2009
Here's my 15 week belly pic taken in my dress pants that probably won't fit much longer (sorry for the blurriness-I couldn't use my flash and this camera setting stinks!):
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Gabe and I rang in the new year by having some people over. My Mom came in from Buffalo, Gabe's parents came, Molly, Mark and the kids, Gabe's old coworker and his wife (Jeff and Mandy), our neighbors (Dan and Kate), and a few of his friends stopped by earlier for a bit (Randy and Josh). We had a good time! Jeff brought over Rock Band to play on our xbox so that was fun seeing everyone play around with that.
Mom, Gabe, Molly, Mark, and Jeff all watching Rock Band:
Mom jammin' on the guitar:Gabe and Jeff playing away:We turned on the TV with 5mins to spare and caught Dick Clark doing the countdown to ring in the new year. Everyone left by 1am and we just did a little cleaning up before going to bed (our first night in our NEW bed!). All in all, it was a nice evening!