Thursday, January 8, 2009

Whoa-Working Out

So for the past few months (since before I found out I was pregnant), I've been taking all classes at the gym for something different-step aerobics, zumba, and weight lifting. I love it and don't dread going to the gym for classes. Well, I missed a class this week so last night I decided to just go to the gym and do my "old" cardio routine-stairmaster, elliptical, and treadmill. Let me tell you-I felt SO out of shape! I started on the stairmaster and after 5min I was so out of breath! It was ridiculous. It's been hard adjusting to working out while pregnant-they tell you to keep your heart rate and body temp down so you can't really exert yourself. Well, when I go to the gym, I sweat and work pretty hard. So it's hard to go there and not do that. Then yesterday I just felt like an 80 year old trying to workout! I swear, this baby is sucking the life out of me already! I can't imagine how hard it'll be when I actually start to get big. I guess going and doing something is better than sitting on my couch eating bon-bons!

No comments: