Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Corn Pudding

Along with our pork last night, we made this dish as our side. I first had this at Gabe's parents house. They usually make this at Thanksgiving and it's one of my favorites!! I've never made it before and recently got the recipe from my mother-in-law. I've had everything here to make it for awhile, but just didn't make a really good meal to go with it. So I decided to make it along with our pork.

Corn Pudding

1 large can of whole corn, drained
1 large can of creamed corn
1 box of Jiffy corn bread mix
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 stick of butter melted
1 cup of sour cream

Grease a 9x13 pan. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into pan. Bake at 350 for one hour.

Before being baked:

Fresh out of the oven:

The best way to describe this is a very creamy and sweet corn bread. It almost looks raw in the center, but it's not-I think the creamed corn makes it very moist and gives it that "not cooked" look.

Two things: 1) how easy can you get for a recipe?? 2) this is delicious!! Yes, probably a ton of calories, but I'm sure you could use egg whites, substitute margarine or a light spread instead of the butter, and use light sour cream. Me? I made the full fat version! Haha! We have a ton left over too so it'll be good leftovers for the week. YUM!

No comments: