Monday, January 12, 2009

Parmesan Pork

Last night, Gabe and I made a really yummy dinner. Both things we made were new recipes for us and they both turned out excellent so I thought I'd share them (the other one I'll post tomorrow). We had 2 boneless pork chops in the fridge and had no idea what to do with them. The only times we've made them, we've grilled them with BBQ sauce (very good). Since it's the middle of winter, we're not about to bust out the grill so I was trying to think of something to do with them. I found this recipe that I copied down from a magazine at work (I want to say it was from Better Homes and Garden or something like that). The recipe is actually a chicken recipe, but I decided to try it out on the pork.

Parmesan Chicken (or pork!)
12 saltine crackers
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 lb. chicken (4 breasts)

Crush crackers. Add cheese and spices to the crackers and mix well. Dip chicken in milk, then coat in cracker mixture. Put it on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 25-30min.
(Note: we used 2 boneless pork chops and cut the recipe in half and it was enough. We baked ours at 350 with another dish and had it in there roughly 50mins and it was cooked thoroughly.)
Fresh out of the oven:


We really liked how this came out. It was a little saltier than expected, but Gabe eyeballed the salt measurement, plus the crackers have salt on them and the cheese is a little salty as well. It wasn't overwhelming, just more on the salty side than I expected. But it was very, very good!

No comments: