Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time for Change

Inauguration day...a time for change. Today Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States. I think this is the first time I actually watched the inauguration take place. Granted it was on my lunch break and on a computer, but I can at least say I saw it live. And it was pretty amazing to experience. The amount of people there was astounding-they stretched for about 2.5 miles from the podium he spoke from. Almost 2 million people! It's just incredible! (I just want to know where they all parked!) I'm usually not that into politics but this election was very interesting to me. I think it was because I remember seeing Obama on Oprah many years ago before he was really well known. She kept praising him as a wonderful speaker (which he is-his speech was awesome) and predicted he would be president someday----little did she know she was correct! I think seeing him then and seeing this outcome is just inspiring and of course history was made by him being sworn in. Unfortunately he has a lot to deal with right off the bat since our economy is in shambles, but hopefully he'll be able to turn this thing around! It's time for a change America!

No comments: