Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Survey

I got this survery from my friend over at Heather Drive and decided to do it-why not?! So, here it goes!!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Got hitched!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I usually don't make them!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes-my friend Sara had a daughter Madeline, my friend Julie had a girl Carly, and my friend Katie had a boy Roman!

4. Did anyone close to you die? my Great Aunt Anna (Papa Joe's sister) passed away mid-Dec. Man did she make some good cannolis!

5. What countries did you visit? I can't remember if I went to Canada at all or not. We did go to Aruba so that counts.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More time in Buffalo-we used to go a lot more frequently than we have in the past few months-although with the baby coming in June, that might not happen!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 19-our wedding day and Nov 2-our 5 year dating anniversary and the day we found out I'm pregnant!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting to work in the surgery room at work (and getting a raise), and planning our wedding.

9. What was your biggest failure? None I can think of-I'm not completely satisfied with work, but have no clue what I would be doing instead.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just morning sickness!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Probably our new bed

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Our friends and family for making our wedding day (and shower and brunch) so special and memorable for us. They were all a wonderful support.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A few coworkers along the way

14. Where did most of your money go? Haha! The wedding, of course. And the trip to Aruba

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The wedding, honeymoon, and finding out we're going to be parents!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Forever" by Chris Brown-we listened to it a lot before the wedding and it was a last minute "must play" song at our reception so every time we hear it, we think of the wedding.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier. b) thinner or fatter? Fatter since I'm pregnant c) richer or poorer? pretty much the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spend more time with my Grandfather when he was in town-he came in for 3 weeks but for most of it we were on our honeymoon. I only got to see him at the wedding festivities and 2 other times, which isn't much since I only see him once a year.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? I have no idea

20. How did you spend Christmas? We do the same thing every year-Xmas eve at my cousins in Buffalo, stay overnight, then back to Roc for dinner with my in-laws.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Nope, that was in 2003. :)

22. What was your favorite TV program? Criminal Minds, Amazing Race

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word-dislike very much? Yes...

24. What was the best book you read? "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I'm not all that great at Guitar Hero!

26. What did you want and get? an amazing husband, a relaxing honeymoon, a baby on the way, a new bed

27. What did you want and not get? a million dollars?

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I have no idea! I'm awful at remembering movies!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? The night before we went to my fave Buffalo restaurant, Left Bank with my Mom and Aunt. The day of, I went for coffee with my friend Renee, then Gabe and I went to Fat Bob's with my Dad for dinner, then my friend Megan stopped over for a bit.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I don't know. Everything that matters was fantastic-I couldn't be happier!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? What the heck does this mean?

32. What kept you sane? Being able to vent to my hubby, family, and friends, and working out

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Again, no idea

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election of course-it was a big year for that!

35. Who did you miss? I missed some of the friends and family members who were unable to make it to our wedding....some of whom we haven't seen in many, many years.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Wow, it's hard to think of someone that I just met in 2008. Maybe my friends' new babies? :)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. That time is precious and to be thankful for what you have

No comments: