Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow Ice Cream!

I have seen this idea floating around online and knew I wanted to eventually try it with the kids.

I bought the stuff I needed at the store a few weeks ago and was just waiting for a good amount of fresh snow.

Mother Nature came through for us today so when Gabe got home and after we had dinner, it was time to make snow ice cream!

I've never made this before so I was a little skeptical....snow ice cream?!

Recipe
8-10 cups of fresh snow
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
1tsp vanilla extract

Gabe and Avery went out to collect the snow for us....
Then you just pour on the milk and vanilla and stir away!

Put it in some bowls and add whatever topping you desire (the kids went with rainbow sprinkles) and eat it!
Thumbs up!
I have to say it turned out pretty good. I didn't eat a bowl of it, but we all tried some and it was pretty tasty! The kids gobbled it up of course! I'm sure this will be on the list of things to do in the winter!

No comments: