Thursday, July 17, 2014

Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups

I've had this recipe around for awhile and even had it written on here awhile. And I'm finally getting to posting it now! I got this from the same Rachael Ray magazine as I did the stromboli recipe-they were on the same page to be exact! Just like the stromboli, this is another winner!

Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp oil
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 scallions-whites and greens separated and chopped
1 large head of butter lettuce, leaves separated

1. In small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce and soy sauce with 1/3 cup water.
2. In large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook, breaking apart until browned.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the carrot and 1tbsp oil-cook 2mins. Add garlic and scallion whites and cook 1min. Stir in hoisin mixture and cook until sauce thickens, 1-2min.
4. Divide the lettuce leaves among 4 plates. Top each leaf with chicken mixture, sprinkle with scallion greens.

(Notes: I used ground chicken for ours. And I didn't sprinkle the scallion greens on-I just threw them in the pan at the end instead! I can't remember if this suggested a dipping sauce at all-I know we didn't use one, but it might be a good addition to the recipe.)

This was very good, but to me it wasn't very filling. It's meant to serve 4 people and I think Gabe and I split the recipe and I was still on the hungry side. I probably should have made a side of veggies or something. It would also make for a great appetizer as well! We'll be making this again for sure!

1 comment:

Joelle said...

I make these (different version) all the time! Dipping sauce is really good with it too