Sunday, October 5, 2008

In Buffalo

We're in Buffalo right now for a weekend visit. We came in on Friday night and went to see my cousins-my Mom was babysitting them. Yesterday, Gabe played golf with my Dad in the morning, then we met up later with my Dad for his birthday lunch at Famous Dave's near the Galleria mall. It was our first time there and it was pretty good. I had the lunch/early bird combo platter that had pulled pork, corn on the cob, a corn muffin, and choice of side (I had the mashed sweet potatoes). Pretty tasty!

Speaking of birthdays, it's ironic that his family birthdays and my family birthdays all clump together. My Dad's is 10/6, his Dad's is 10/10. My Mom's is 3/30, his Mom's is 4/6 and mine is 4/12. Then his sister and her husband are both in July and a day apart. Funny how that worked out!

Anyways, last night we didn't do much of anything-we watched the move "The Great Debaters" with Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker-it was pretty good. After lunch, we were pretty much slugs! Today I'm meeting a girlfriend for Starbucks around noon then we'll head home-do some grocery shopping and probably watch some of the Bills game. Then back to work tomorrow!

No comments: