Monday, October 6, 2008

Peanut Butter Chex Mix

My family is big into Chex Mix-the good homemade stuff! So we saw this recipe over the weekend and gave it a try: (sorry no pics this time-I didn't have my camera with me!)

Peanut Butter Chex Mix
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
4 cups chex cereal (we used rice chex)
2 cups mini pretzels (we used the small sticks and broke them into smaller pieces)
1/3 cup peanuts (we used mixed nuts)

Put cereal, pretzels and nuts in a large bowl.
Put butter, honey, and peanut butter in a microwave bowl. Heat until melted and smooth.
Pour melted mixture over cereal mixture and stir/toss until coated.
Dump everything into a baking pan (we sprayed ours with non-stick spray) and spread out into a single layer. Bake at 175 for an hour and a half.

(note: we made a whole box of cereal and just tripled the rest of the ingredients-it wasn't the exact proportions, but the cereal was still evenly coated.)

This came out pretty well. Next time I think we would use less honey and/or more peanut butter because it tastes more like honey than peanut butter to me. It's still very good, but needs a little tweaking next time.

No comments: