Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini

If you've been on any sort of social media lately, I'm sure you've seen this recipe pop up on someone's page. I saw it and decided to give it a try last night!

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini

1 small bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 small bag fresh baby spinach
1 box vegetable broth
2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
1 block cream cheese

Throw everything into the crockpot, making sure you cut up the block of cream cheese first. Turn crockpot on low and cook for 5-6 hours. Done!

(Notes: I used 1.5 bags of tortellini. One bag was 4 servings and to be honest, it didn't look like much for the 4 of us to eat. So I added half of a second bag. I also used fat free cream cheese. I did find that I had to stir this up a few times while it cooked-the cream cheese just sort of sat there unless you stirred it. So I don't know how this would work if you were gone all day. I cooked mine for 5 hours and it was more than enough-the tortellini were falling apart they were so soft!)

This turned out pretty good! Avery tried one bite and said it was gross (big shock)...Cassandra ate two bowls of it!  It made enough for us for dinner for two nights which was great! I really liked the sauce it created-we're thinking of doing the sauce over regular pasta sometime for something different.

Sorry I didn't snap a pic of this-totally forgot!

No comments: