Thursday, November 20, 2014

Salted Caramel Dump Cake

How about a recipe?

Since Thanksgiving is next week and all! Yes, NEXT week folks!

Day to day life has been busy and nothing Earth shattering has been going on so I don't have much to update about.

So to fill the blogging void, here's a new recipe I tried out about a month ago. I think I saw this going around on Facebook-although not 100% sure. Anyways, it caught my eye somewhere, I jotted it down and decided to try it.

Delish. (and easy too!)

Salted Caramel Dump Cake
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup milk
1 box Devil's food cake mix
1 1/2 cup chopped caramels
1 cup chocolate chips
sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13" pan.
2. Whisk pudding and milk for 1 minute.
3. Stir in cake mix-it will be thick!
4. Spread into pan
5. Sprinkle with caramels and sea salt (a little goes a long way)
6. Bake for 30-40min
7. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle on top

Ready to bake!

Ready to be eaten!
(Notes:  This came out really good. The only problem?  Once it cools, the caramels get pretty hard. So this is best served warm. Once I realized they hardened, I microwaved a slice for a few seconds and that also did the trick. Maybe next time I would try a caramel sauce/topping in place of the candies?  I also could have used more sea salt as I really couldn't taste mine. I was afraid of using too much and I don't think it was enough.)

No comments: