Monday, February 20, 2012

Sucker Punch

This is what happens when your two year old doesn't want to go to bed and sucker punches you right in the mouth.

Or this is what happens when you nurse in public and someone doesn't agree with it and things get heated.
bruising on the right side of my lip

I wish I had a good story for this nice bruised lip I have....but I don't! And yes, I realize that the photos are wonky looking....the angle I took them at makes my face look distorted and my lips look enormous! But, you get the idea.

This was a bedtime accident actually and it was caused by my two and a half year old.

I was lying in bed with her last night and she sat up to take a drink. She had her back to me so I couldn't see her face. After she took her drink, she just sat there. So I said, "Avery, what are you doing?"

No response.

Just her flinging her head back towards me to lay down-with all of her might.

Her head met my mouth.

My mouth goes numb. 

She's silent.

I panic thinking she got injured because surely she should be crying from the force of impact she had. So...I ask if she's ok.

The tears start flowing "I WANT DADDY!"

I taste blood in my mouth and freak that she knocked out a tooth or something.

I climb out of bed, call for Gabe (who has to bring the baby up to me so that he can attend to Avery), and run to the mirror.

Blood? Check.

Fat lip? Check.

All teeth accounted for?  Check. (insert sigh of relief)

Pain? Check.

And this happened last night so the swelling has actually gone down from last night.

Parenting....good times had by all!

No comments: