Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bacon Cheese Snacks

Back when we had our holiday party before Christmas, I wanted to try out some new appetizers. I've had this one tucked away for awhile now, but never made it. It was very easy and it was also a huge hit-they were all gone shortly after coming out of the oven! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them for ya!

Bacon Cheese Snacks

2 cans crescent roll dough
8oz cream cheese, softened
12oz bacon bits
1/4 cup onion, chopped
pinch black pepper

1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, pepper and onion.

2. Roll out each can of dough into a long rectangle. Spread mixture on dough. Roll into a long, thin roll. Slice into 1/4" thick pieces

3. Place pieces on a lightly greased baking sheet

4. Bake at 350 for 15min

(Notes: I used fat free cream cheese and instead of bacon bits (the hard, crunchy ones) I used bacon crumbles. I think I used a sweet white onion)

No comments: