Monday, April 22, 2013

Green Thumb?

Every time I've been grocery shopping over the past few months, I've been tempted to buy a mini garden kit for kids. I've seen them every week at the store and for some reason never picked one up.  This past weekend, they had them on clearance so I thought "what the heck" and got one. I figured it would be something fun for Avery and I to do and something she would enjoy over the next few months.

They had a decent selection of things to grow....fly traps, strawberry plants, daisies, "fairy" flowers, etc. I decided on the strawberries since my kids love their fruit!  I showed it to Avery when I got home and she was very excited about it.

Of course when she woke up this morning, the first thing out of her mouth was, "can we plant our strawberries?"

So, I got the baby strapped her high chair to eat breakfast and while she ate, Avery and I got to planting. They included everything you needed-the "germination disk", container and seeds.  We got the dirt all ready to go...


...then added the seeds, buried them a little bit and put the lid back on. 
Don't you love the PJ's and mess of hair?! Yikes!
Then to the window sill they went!  Avery sat right by them and said, "I'm going to watch them grow!" Poor kid would be sitting there a long time!  I'm hoping we get something out of this...she would get such a kick out of it if we do get some berries!! Here's to hoping!

No comments: