While searching for something to do with all of the apples we picked, I came across this recipe. It looked ridiculously easy so of course I questioned how good it would be...but decided to give it a try.
I found it called just "Apple Cake" but it seems it's also known as a "dump cake" too!
Apple (Dump) Cake
-apples-peeled, cored and sliced (I think I used about 7 of them)
-1 stick butter, melted
-1 box yellow cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cover the bottom of a 9x13" pan with sliced apples
3. Dump cake mix to cover all of the apples
4. Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix
5. Bake about 35-45min or until apples are cooked through
6. Serve warm! Bonus if you add whipped cream/ice cream too!
This ended up turning out really yummy! It's sort of like an apple crisp, but I think I actually liked it better than apple crisp, and it's way easier if you ask me! I'm sure you could play around with the fruit and cake combinations and come up with some good ones too (strawberry/chocolate?). Definitely will be making this one again!