Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Heart Aches

My heart aches.

If you haven't read this story yet about Ben Sauer....you must.

I'm giving you warning that it's not a very happy story.

My heart just aches for this family.

Their little boy is a month older than Avery. Their baby is Cassandra's age. They are from a suburb extremely close to where I grew up.

I can't fathom the news they have received or how they are even dealing with it.

It blows my mind that one day your child is running around completely normal and within a few days you find out the most devastating news that you can possibly receive about your child.

And they appear to be handling it with such grace and optimism. I don't think I would. Of course you never know until you are put into that position, but I just can't imagine it.

Whether you pray or not, please keep this family in your thoughts. They need it.

And remember that every moment you have on this Earth is a gift.

Hug and kiss your loved ones. Tell them you love them. Enjoy the beauty in the small things (and large too!). Embrace every day as just that-a new day. Be thankful you have another day to spend living your life. 



No comments: