Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Election Day 2008---one that will mark history either way it ends. Either the first African-American president or the first female vice president. I'm not a huge politics follower, but I have to admit, I'm anxious to see what happens. It's exciting that "minorities" in this country are actually going to make history tonight!
I went and did my civil duty of voting today after work. After hearing stories of how crowded the polls are, I was a little worried I'd be in line awhile. But I got there and there was only one person ahead of me so I was in and out nice and fast. Did you see the lines at some places though? People waited HOURS to cast their vote. We had a patient today who told me her sister waited over 2 hours in the rain to vote (she lives in GA). I'm sorry, but if I saw a line that long, I don't think I'd bother waiting. Sad to say, but that's just crazy. I guess if you live in a swing state, I could see waiting. But in NY you have to face the fact that your vote really doesn't do much-it's a democratic state so it's not like one vote will do that much damage.
I'm sure I'll be fast asleep tonight when the final decision is made, but it'll be interesting to see how the evening goes. If you haven't gone out to vote yet, get out there! You have a few hours left!

No comments: