Wednesday, January 11, 2012

38 Weeks-Baby #2

Today I'm 38 weeks along-only 2 more weeks to go (2 weeks 2 days until the planned c-section)!

How I'm feeling/sleeping: I hope I'm not jinxing it, but I haven't itched in a few days now. I have no idea what changed because I'm not doing anything different, but it's wonderful! I think I woke up once in the past 4 nights to scratch and that's it!  Of course I am up between 1-3 times to use the bathroom overnight.  My feet have been swelling again by the end of the day. Overall I'm doing ok-sore here and there but overall hangin' in there.

Appointments/events: I've had two-one last Friday and one today.  Last Friday they said I lost 7lbs (there goes the 7 I gained last time!). Total gained so far according to them is 18lbs. It was a very quick appointment-the usual bathroom sample, weight, blood pressure, heartbeat-that was it. In and out very quick.

Today they said I gained 4lbs (according to my scale I haven't gained anything in the past few weeks) so right now I'm up a total of 22lbs. I had my first pelvic exam and I'm currently 1.5cm dilated! I was totally shocked because I never dilated with Avery until after I was induced. Yes it gets my hopes up, but at the same time I know I can stay that way for weeks with nothing else taking place.  Everything else was pretty normal and I go back again next Friday.

Cravings/Aversions: Nada-still eating too much junk! Haha!

Movement: Yes, my stomach looks alien-like at times-this baby is all over the place!

Avery's thoughts: Still thinks it's a girl and has her named already-but I'm not sharing since she likes a name on our list! 

Here are my photos for this week. The pink shirt is me at 39 weeks with Avery and the black shirt is me today at 38 weeks. Honestly, I don't think I look much bigger than at 36 weeks-so I guess that's good!

No comments: