Friday, June 22, 2012

Dentist

Today Avery had her first trip to the dentist!

Actually, let me clarify....she has been to every dentist appointment with me since she was born, but this was HER first appointment.

I wasn't sure what to expect from her. At my last cleaning in December, we tried getting her to just sit in the chair and she wanted nothing to do with it. Not even on my lap or anything! So I had no idea what to expect today.

They did my cleaning first. Avery sat towards my feet playing with some toys that had at a table. She could see everything they were doing from where she was. When they started polishing my teeth, she was very interested and asked to sit in my lap to watch.  After they finished me, it was her turn.  I was surprised that she got right in the chair. I could tell she was a little nervous, and she said, "Mommy is this going to hurt?"  I told her no and she seemed ok.

you can tell by her face that she's a little unsure of things

She wasn't a fan of the bright light, so the hygenist brought out some cool shades for her to wear.

First, her teeth got counted....

And she even let her do some picking which shocked me! Then she got polished and flossed!
After, she got a prize for doing so well for the hygenist and she basically took Avery trick-or-treating around the office for a bag full of stuff to bring home-toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste, etc. Then we both had the dentist check our teeth (no cavities for either of us-yay!) and Avery picked out another prize!

Overall, it was pretty good-I could tell at times she wanted to be done with it all, but she stuck with it and did really, really well. I was definitely one proud Mama!

No comments: