Saturday, June 16, 2012

Explore and More!

Today we did a quick trip to Buffalo to see some family that was in town for a few days.

My cousin Joe, whom I'm closest in age to, was in town with his wife and kids. His son, Paden, turned one just a few days ago so we drove in for his birthday party. 

They had it at a museum called Explore and More. I've heard of it, but have never been. 

We started off meeting up with everyone in the party room and I took some pics of his cake:

And his smash cake:

And we took a quick photo:
Cassandra, Me, Joe, Giada, Gabe, Avery

The kids got to go and play for awhile, then it was back to the party room for a craft (they got to decorate a snake), cake and gifts.

We sang to Paden....

....and he tried blowing out the candles
notice how Avery is helping!

....and then he went to town! Let me tell you, this kid LOVED his cake! He (and his Mom) was covered head to toe and was putting fistfuls of cake into his mouth! He actually cried when it was all gone!


Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of him coated in frosting!

After all of that, it was time for more playing!
Avery checking out the rice table

Playing the drum

Reading on the steps

Nama and her baby Cassandra!
After the party, we went to my Mom's for about two hours, then it was time to head home. It was a quick trip, but good to see everyone!

No comments: