Monday, November 11, 2013

Cookie/Brownie/Candy-YUM!

This week was pretty much status quo around here so I have nothing exciting to post about. I have a few recipes I have saved to share, so I figured I'd throw one out there!

This one has been going around on Pinterest and Facebook-maybe not this exact recipe, but definitely something similar. I finally decided to give it a try when some friends came over for dinner a few weeks ago! And I have no idea what it's called! Haha!

Cookie/Brownie/Candy Bars

1 roll chocolate chip cookie dough (or you could use homemade)
peanut butter cups
Brownie mix plus ingredients to make brownies

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x9" pan with non-stick spray
2. Spread out cookie dough in the bottom of the pan.
3. Layer on peanut butter cups
4. Prepare brownie mix as directed on box. Pour on the top.
5. Bake for 45min. Let cool before cutting.

(Notes: I wouldn't use homemade cookie dough only because you pretty much only taste the brownies-they definitely overpower the cookie taste.  I used mini PB cups but you could use the larger ones if you wanted. I used a smaller pan instead of a 9x13" because I don't think the cookie dough would have fit in a pan that large. This made baking tricky because of course the outer edges were more than done at around 35min...I removed mine then. However, the middle was like eating raw brownie batter. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE them that way, so for me it was fine. But when you're serving it for guests, I would have liked them a little more done. You just have to keep an eye on them!)

These turned out very good-I'd make them again for sure. Maybe if I doubled the cookie dough you'd taste them more? Not sure-either way, they were tasty!

No comments: