Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brown Sugar Chicken

I can't remember the last time I used  my crock pot...I know, I know-sue me!  Seriously I think it was when I lived in my apartment which was just a mere 8 YEARS ago! Yeah...that long.

I decided it was time to bust it out and dust it off!

See, the crock pot is a good idea....throw stuff in it and a few hours later-boom! Dinner is done. However most recipes only need to cook around 6 hours which just doesn't jive when you work/are gone from the house for 10+ hours. Unless you have one you can program (do they even make those?), which of course I don't.  And of course who the hell wants to get all of the stuff ready at 6am before work and have it sitting out for hours even if you could program it?!  So unfortunately I don't think this will work on my working days (which would be the most beneficial days to do it)...bummer.

Yesterday I didn't work and was going to be home most of the day (I'm sort of paranoid about leaving the thing running for 6+ hours with no one home!) so I decided to try out a new recipe I found.

Brown Sugar Chicken
6 chicken breast halves (boneless/skinless)
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup 7up

1. Put all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low for 6-9hrs or high for 4-6hrs

Can it get any easier? 

Yes, yes it can!

The chicken? Yep, put it in frozen! That my friends is e.a.s.y!

I cooked up some Arborio rice and for the last hour in the crock pot I threw in some fresh (not frozen) broccoli with the chicken.  Served the chicken and broccoli over the rice and it was delish!

I will say that I did mine on low for 6hrs and I would not have cooked it any longer. It was very tender, but I could tell it was starting to dry out a little bit. I might even cook it a little less next time. But it was good....very good!

Try this one for sure!  And I apologize that I didn't get a photo of it!

No comments: