Monday, September 10, 2012

Peanut Butter Crockpot Chicken

I've professed my love for peanut butter quite a few times on here before, so of course this recipe piqued my interest!  And it's another one to try in the crockpot-yay!

Peanut Butter Chicken

1 1/2 lb chicken
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp cumin
juice of 1 lime (~2tbsp)
1/2 cup chicken broth

1. Put all ingredients into crockpot and cook on low 6-8hrs or high for 4hrs.

(Notes: I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half. The recipe wasn't clear on exactly what type of chicken to use!  I also used creamy peanut butter, but I'm sure you could try crunchy if you desire!)

We served this over some simple brown rice.

Honestly this wasn't one of my favorite recipes as of late. Out of the 3 crockpot chicken dishes I've made in the past month, this was probably my least favorite. It was good, but not fantastic.  Gabe thought it was too "nutty" tasting-to me I couldn't really pick out the peanut taste. Would I make it again?  Probably, but it wouldn't be first on my list!

No comments: