Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bon Jovi...Check!

This past weekend I crossed something off of my bucket list....seeing Bon Jovi in concert!!

Bon Jovi is one of my favorites (more the older music than the current stuff) and I've always wanted to see them in concert. A few months ago I heard that they were going on tour so I went on the website and looked up the details. Unfortunately, they weren't coming anywhere near us. I was bummed.

Right around Feb 1st, a friend of mine in Buffalo posted on facebook "I have 2 tickets for Bon Jovi for sale if interested". I emailed her right away asking where the concert was, etc....and found out it was in Buffalo! And even better....it was on a Sunday night!  Apparently Buffalo was a last minute add-in show. The concert was announced, then a few days later tickets went on sale and then the concert was not even a month later.

I went online and looked for tickets through ticketmaster and it was pretty much sold out unless you wanted to spend a mere fortune and sit on the floor or sit up in the nosebleeds behind the stage. After texting Gabe a ton and him making a phone call to his parents, we bought the tickets from her! I was so, so excited!!

The concert was on Sunday and Gabe's parents took the kids around 3pm and kept them overnight (Cassandra's first sleepover...and she did great!!). We went out to dinner in Buffalo with my Mom, Aunt Pat, Uncle Joe and Aunt Marion before the show then headed downtown.

I was a little worried about our seats because we were at the opposite end of the stage. I was afraid we wouldn't see much, but really, the seats were great. Yeah the stage was far away, but they had the jumbo-tron right in front of us so you could see everything up on the big screen. Really the sucky seats were the ones on the sides because they were equally as far from the stage and had no screen to watch. And I think they were more expensive!!

The concert was scheduled to start at 7:30 but they didn't start until about 8:10 (and there was no opening act). They ended up playing until 10:45 with no break! It was an awesome, awesome show!! They played some new songs from their new album which hasn't even been released yet, and of course lots of oldies as well! We had a really great time! I'm so glad I got to finally see him play live!

This is the playlist from the concert, courtesy of the website:
  1. Bad Name
  2. Lost Highway
  3. Blood on Blood
  4. Because We Can
  5. Water Made Me
  6. It's My Life
  7. When We Were Beautiful
  8. What About Now
  9. We Got It Going On
  10. Keep The Faith
  11. Amen
  12. Saturday Night
  13. I'll Be There For You
  14. Captain Crash
  15. We Weren't Born To Follow
  16. Army Of One
  17. Wanted
  18. Who Says You Can't Go Home
  19. Bad Medicine
  20. Make A Memory
  21. In These Arms
  22. Born To Be My Baby
  23. Sleep When I'm Dead
  24. Have A Nice Day
  25. Runaway
  26. Prayer

No comments: