Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sick

This is how things have been around here these days....
I said the girls could stay healthy until after Cassandra's birthday party.

Well...they listened, but on Monday morning they both woke up sick. Stuffy noses and coughs galore.  Gabe went out after work on Monday and I got Cassandra in bed just fine. Avery was exhausted (even after napping in the afternoon which she rarely does these days!) so I took her up to bed. Got her all ready-PJ's on, teeth brush, book read, lights almost off....

....and she pukes.

All.over.the.bed.

Somehow my face got spared. The pillow I was lying on? Covered. The blankets/sheets around me? Covered. Somehow I manged not to get a single drop on me.

So here I am stripping her bed down to the mattress and hauling it all downstairs while she's sitting on the floor rocking and tired. I make her bed with clean everything and finally she goes to sleep. Luckily for us, it was a one time deal and she didn't puke again.

She did, however, run a fever from Tues-Thurs....of course on the days I have to work! Why they wait until one of us has to take a day off is beyond me, but it happens all of the time! 

The fever is finally gone, but she's still not well....very congested, runny nose, coughing. Cassandra luckily never got the fever, but she's just as bad with the congestion and coughing. She hasn't been sleeping well because as soon as she lies down, she coughs. So naps haven't been too good this week at all. Avery, on the other hand, has napped every day! And has gone to bed at pretty decent times. Whatever she has is kicking her butt! 

Today we spent the day in Buffalo (I had a baby shower to attend) and Gabe woke up not feeling too hot this morning.....guess he gets to join in the "fun"!  I (knock on wood) have been spared so far and am hoping it stays that way.

The sickness needs to stop...it's been a long week!

UPDATE on 2/7...it's my turn! Stuffy nose, cough, fever....blah.

No comments: