Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Month

Today is one month that I'm married! I really have no idea where the time has gone-it's hard to believe a month has gone by already. I still can't believe its mid-August right now. I swear, the summer flew! I remember being a kid and summer vacation seemed like forever. And I also rememeber grown ups saying "the older you get, the faster it goes". I of course, didn't believe them, but now I'm starting to! And why does it go faster as you get older? It's actually scary to me how fast it does go by these days. We've been married a month, were engaged for about a year and a half, and together for almost 5 years total-and it seems like yesterday that I met my knight in shining armor! This is the earliest picture I have of us-we were together almost 2 years here though.


Anyways, married life is great-granted for us, not much changed except things are legal now. We've lived together for about 3 years already so really, it doesn't feel any different. Of course thats what everyone keeps asking now "so, how does it feel to be married?" No different honestly. It's weird calling him my husband and thinking of myself as a Mrs. now. I still don't know which name to sign since I have it changed for some things but not for others. Other than that, it doesn't feel like a major change took place at all.







So, how did we celebrate? Well, I worked a 10 hour day (ugh!) then came home and made us dinner which turned out pretty darn good! We tried a new pasta dish and it turned out tasty! Then we made up some brown ladies-drinks we've grown to love while on our honeymoon in Aruba. And we enjoyed a piece of cake from my shower back in April-we froze it and believe it or not, after 3 months it still tastes pretty good!




my shower cake




Since I'm exhausted from my long day, I'll be heading to bed soon and hopefully get a good night of sleep.


You're probably wondering about my blog name-"Nit"....well, my name is Nicole and our nephew (and most family) calls me Nik. Problem is, he has trouble saying the "k" sound so my name comes out "Aunt Nit". Hence the blog name. I thought it was cute and original myself :)




No comments: