Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Brownie Candy Cups

This Christmas I decided to do some baking. I wanted to make my usual cut out cookies since they are my favorite, and I also wanted to try a few new recipes as well.

I found this recipe over at Heather Drive and I had to try it! Why I didn't ever think of this myself is beyond me!

Brownie Candy Cups
- 1 box brownie mix
- eggs, water, and vegetable oil (in the amounts listed on your brownie package)
- 25-30 mini Reeses cups, frozen, then unwrapped
- 1 Box Reynolds 2-inch aluminum foil mini cups for muffins (I used the paper liners)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place approximately 30 foil liners on baking sheet.

2. Combine brownie mix, eggs, water and oil. Stir with spoon until well blended. (about 50 strokes)

3. Fill each liner with 1-2 tablespoons of batter. You want them to be about 3/4 of the way full.

4. Push a peanut butter cup into the center of each "brownie cupcake."

5. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.

6. Cool 5-10 minutes in pan and then move to cooling rack to cool completely.

Ok a few things-I totally missed the fact that it said to use the mini liners so I used full sized ones-and only got 15 cookies instead of the 30 or so it says it makes. So I put 2 peanut butter cups in each one! I used paper liners instead of the foil ones and they did just fine, although a few of them didn't hold their shape very well so next time I might just put them in a cupcake pan instead of on a cookie sheet. I did freeze the peanut butter cups but found them to be way harder to unwrap. The foil came off easily, but the paper liners were all stuck to them. So next time I might not freeze them. My baking time was longer since I made monster sized ones-I think I baked them about 22 min and they came out just fine.

These are very good! I'll be making them again for sure!

Since it's Christmas time, I made them a little festive with some red frosting on them:

No comments: