Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Banana Bread

I thought for some reason that I posted this recipe already, but when I went and checked, I hadn't! I just made some banana bread last week which made me think of it. Of course at the time I thought I already posted it so I didn't take a picture. This is a super easy recipe and turns out very good! I have no idea where the recipe originated-my Mom has had this for as long as I can remember.

Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas, mashed

1. In mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.

2. Add eggs and mix well.

3. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and bananas and mix well.

4. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for one hour.

Notes: This last time I baked mine for about 55min and it was just a touch overdone. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it's not overdone. I also sprinkled the top of mine with cinnamon sugar for a little extra something. You can also add some stir-in ideas: chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, etc.

No comments: