Thursday, September 23, 2010

New 'Do

I was due for a haircut and in another hair rut. Every now and then I just have no idea what I want done with my hair. It's hard for me to look at pictures of hairstyles because it's hard to know what will look good on you and what will work with your hair type.

I've been going to one guy for about a year now and while I like the cuts/color he has done, he's not the type to say "this is what you should do". The last time I went I told him I didn't know and was hoping he'd give me a suggestion, but he didn't. Instead he was like "I'll just trim it up until you decide if you want to cut it or grow it out."

So like I said I was due to at least get a trim and when I went for my pedicure a few weeks ago, I found something I was interested in...a hair model program. I decided to call and see if they were taking new hair models at all. Apparently they have 2 programs-one for coloring and one for cutting. And lucky me they were taking models for the cutting program!!

So yesterday was the day...my appt was at 10 in the morning. I met my stylist and she asked if I had any limitations for the cut. My only thing was that I did NOT want bangs. Long bangs that I could tuck or put up were fine, but no blunt bangs-I didn't want to go through growing those out again. As far as length, I didn't care. I told her I needed it simple and easy to style-blow dry and go. With having Avery, I don't have the time (or the desire) to spend forever doing my hair.

She went over her ideas for the cut with me then had her supervisor come over and she ran the plan past her...she approved and agreed that her idea would suit me well. So the cutting began and throughout the cut, her supervisor would stop over and see how things were going and give her some tips.

I found out that this is part of their training to work there. The girl who cut my hair had been doing hair for 8yrs and got hired at Scott Miller 2yrs ago!! Here she is 2yrs later still training! To me, that's insane, but she said their group got held up by the group before them and it typically doesn't take that long to get on the floor and see your own clients.

Anyways, I ended up loving the cut she gave me! I just hope it looks as good when I do it myself (doubtful).
(the pic doesn't do it justice!)
My next dilemma will be-what happens when I want my next haircut? The girl who did it today isn't seeing her own clients yet and to go there and go to someone else wouldn't be right either. And the guy I've been going to will totally know I "cheated" on him....(sigh)

No comments: