Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pulled Pork

I've never made pulled pork before. I love eating it, but I always thought it was difficult to make.

Ladies and gentlemen....it is the EASIEST.MEAL.EVER!

A friend of mine told me how to do it and I made it yesterday. OMG-it is SO good! Why did I wait so long to try it?!

Here's what you need:
1 can of gingerale (I had 7up in the house so I used that)
1 pork shoulder/pork butt roast (mine was a 6lb-er)
BBQ sauce of your choice

Put the roast in your crock pot with the fatty side facing up.  Pour the gingerale over the roast. Put that baby on low for about 9-10hrs.
Carefully remove the meat from the crockpot and drain out the juice. Pull/shred the meat. Mix  meat with BBQ sauce until it's saucy enough for you. EAT!

(Notes: When I took the meat out, I put it on a cookie sheet and shredded it. Once shredded, I returned it to the crock pot with the BBQ sauce to heat it all up for a few minutes. And I used roughly 3 cups of BBQ sauce for our 6lb roast.)

Thanks Kristin for the awesome recipe-we'll be making this a lot!!

No comments: