Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cookie Dough Bites

Everyone loves cookie dough, right?! I mean c'mon...it's the best part about baking cookies! Who doesn't love licking the beaters/spoon when you're done?!

I admit, I'm a batter eater...eggs or not...shame on me, I know but I just can't resist it (although I didn't eat it all while pregnant). And I'm not picky-cakes, brownies, cookies...it's all tasty! But probably one of the best is chocolate chip cookie dough. YUM! I could eat the entire bowl (and probably would be sick to my stomach after).

So when I saw this recipe for eggless cookie dough, I jumped on it! Do NOT wait to try these...they are so.darn.good!  I made them for a party and they went like hotcakes-I went through the entire batch in no time! I think I only tried 1 or 2 of them but they were delicious and I'll have to make some for myself us soon!

Cookie Dough Bites
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
melting chocolate

1. In a bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy (~3min)
2. Add milk and vanilla and mix some more
3. Add salt and flour and beat until well combined
4. Stir in chocolate chips
5. Put dough in the fridge until cold enough to roll into balls (they recommend an hour)
6. Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Freeze for at least 15min.
7. Melt chocolate in a bowl and dip cookie dough balls into chocolate until coated. Place back onto waxed paper and decorate if desired. Put in the fridge until hardened. Bites should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
 
(Notes: I left my dough in the fridge for several hours before rolling into balls and it was fine. Same with freezing them-they were in there awhile before I got to coating them in the chocolate. My only suggestion is to try and take out a few at a time to roll in the chocolate. I took out the entire tray and once and towards the end, the chocolate wasn't sticking very well because the dough was getting too warm. Next time I'll have to do a few at a time. I also didn't use melting chocolate-I used chocolate chips instead which worked just fine. They also suggested doing these on lollipop sticks, which would make dipping them in the chocolate easier. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of that, but it would make dipping easy-that was the hardest part of this recipe!)

No comments: