Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Today is the day we reflect on what we're thankful for.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband every day. He is the rock that I lean on and my true partner in life. He supports me and loves me for who I am. And he is the best Daddy any little girl could ask for.

I'm thankful for my sweet angel, Avery. Even though she stresses us out sometimes and we get frustrated with her, she is also the light of our lives. I love watching the world through her eyes and I love watching her grow and learn new things. And I love her taking her first bite of cinnamon roll: only to put it down and eat her fruit instead (she does not have my sweet tooth just yet)! And I love that on this Thanksgiving, she drew her first face without any direction from me.

So what if it looks a little creepy?!

I'm thankful for baby #2 who will join us in roughly 9 weeks. I know life will change once again when he/she arrives, but it's all good. The whole thing is a miracle to me and it's amazing what the human body can do.


I'm thankful that we have a beautiful new house to call home. Even though it doesn't feel like home yet, it will. And it will be wonderful.


I'm thankful that we both have jobs in this economy. Some way to bring home a paycheck and buy the things that we need/want. I know there are many people out there who are not as fortunate.


I'm thankful for family-those related by blood and those that aren't. We had a larger than usual turn out for dinner today and it totally reminded me of Thanksgivings as a child-more people than you can cram at a table, kids having their own tables, etc. And I loved every minute of it. The more the merrier to me!



I'm thankful for my friends as well for they have had a place in my heart for years now. Even though we don't see each other that much anymore, we can still talk as if we saw each other yesterday. I miss them all dearly and wish that we all lived in the same area again so that our kids could grow up together. But, life has separated us all and we try our best to keep things going.


And I'm thankful for health-that all of our family and friends are healthy. You don't realize how good you have it until you hear of someone else's story. And health is one thing that you really don't have much control over. But we're all hangin' in there as of now.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you have many, many things to be thankful for this year.

No comments: