Thursday, November 10, 2011

Two Nights

That's all that we have left in our house.

Two more nights.

It is the weirdest feeling-exciting, surreal, nerve wracking, and sad all at the same time.

I've been in this house for six years now. Gabe has been here ten.

We met when he lived here.

It was where we first lived together.

We got engaged in this house-in the living room on the couch by the fireplace.

We got our first pet while living here.

We got married while we lived here.

We started our family here.

It's weird to leave it all behind and start over somewhere new when you have all of these memories.
And of course I keep thinking of all of the last things we'll do here-Avery's last bath tomorrow night. Today was my last day to wake up and get ready for work here. Tomorrow will be our last dinner here, Saturday our last breakfast. Our last mornings of getting showered and dressed for the day. And of course tomorrow will be our last night sleeping in our bed in our room.

I know I will shed some tears-heck, I'm tearing up just writing this! Yes, I'm excited to move on, but I'm sad to see our home go. I love our neighborhood and our neighbors and I will say it has been an incredible 6 years here for me.

It will be an adjustment at our new place just because we're not in the actual city anymore. No more Wegman's, gas, or pizza right around the corner. No more easy access to the expressway. No more 5 minute drive to work for both of us (that I'm going to really miss!).

But with that, we will acquire more space, a bigger yard, an up-to-date house, a better school district, and our favorite-a garage!

And of course we'll create many more memories in our new house-our kids will be raised there! Heck, I don't even know if Avery will remember our current home. We'll have pictures to show her, but I doubt she'll actually remember living here....which makes me sad.



The next few days will be stressful, but I'm going to cherish our last moments here together as a family. And hopefully I'll take some photos of us enjoying our last day and night here tomorrow.

No comments: