Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Pie

I looked through my recipes on here and I can't believe I haven't posted this one yet!

This is an all time favorite in my family and bonus-it's super easy to make! So what are you waiting for??

Peanut Butter Pie
2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
2 cups cool whip, thawed
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chopped nuts
1 pie crust-baked and cooled
hot fudge sauce

1. In a large bowl, mix (with a mixer) ice cream, cool whip, peanut butter and 2/3 cups chopped nuts until well blended
2. Pour into baked pie crust and spread evenly. 
3. Freeze until firm
4. Once frozen, melt hot fudge sauce and spread over pie. Top with remaining chopped nuts.
5. Freeze until firm
6. Before serving, let thaw 15-20min so you're able to cut it.

Notes:  This recipe can be varied and tweaked any way you like it. I typically don't use vanilla ice cream. I like the pie really peanut-buttery so I usually use vanilla ice cream that has peanut butter in it as well. Gabe isn't a fan of nuts in his desserts, so I usually omit them or use something else in their place. For this pie, I mixed oreos in with the ice cream and topped the pie with mini peanut butter cups. I also am not a huge fan of using a regular pie crust so I use the Oreo crusts that they sell. And one other thing-you may need to add a touch more of everything than suggested. Especially with a regular pie crust, if you use the exact measurements, it might not fill up the crust entirely so I add a little bit more of everything into the mix. It's one of those recipes that when you make it enough, you can just eye-ball the measurements.

1 comment:

tab890 said...

omg, I need this now! this looks amazing!!!!