Saturday, April 18, 2009

Must See!

I sent out an email about this earlier this week, but if you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE to see this!

I was on my way to work listening to the radio and they were talking about this woman on "Britain Has Talent". I missed most of the story but heard a clip of her singing. That night I had a nail appt and my nail lady mentioned the story as well and told me I had to youtube it. So I came home that night and I did. That's when I sent out the email to everyone about it.

This woman, Susan Boyle, is a 47 year old who isn't much to look at. In fact, her outfit just made me laugh when I saw it-black stockings with white shoes on. Anyways, she says her dream is to sing so she auditions for "Britain Has Talent". The judges (Simon Cowell being one of them) basically laugh at her when she walks on stage, as does most of the crowd. Then she sings....and boy does she SING! She chose a song from Les Miserables (which I've never seen) and she blew it out of the water. I swear, you'll get goosebumps and/or tear up watching her perform this song. The looks on the judges' faces is unforgettable and she gets a standing ovation from the crowd. It must have been the most amazing feeling for Susan!

After, the judges say she's one of the best performers they have ever seen and Simon calls her "extraordinary". She of course makes it onto the next round of competition.

It's such an uplifting story though and I hope Susan goes far with this because she is an incredible singer. And the moral of the story is: Don't judge a book by its cover!

No comments: