Monday, April 27, 2009

Buffalo Baby Shower

Yesterday was my baby shower in Buffalo. We had it at a local restaurant right down the street from my Mom's house. My Mom and Aunt did pretty much all of the work and planning and it was wonderful! Around 35 people came and the only hard thing is that I wish I had more time with everyone-I feel like I didn't get to socialize with anyone!

The food was great-we had cheese and crackers and a veggie tray to start. For lunch, we had salad, baked pasta, chicken parm, roast beef sandwiches, and macaroni and cheese (which was to DIE for!). For dessert, my Mom got a selection of cakes-cassatta, death by chocolate, cheesecake and a strawberry baby themed cake.

We got so many great gifts-lots of great stuff that will come in handy for baby. We got a lot of bath items, our bedding set, several outfits for baby, our pack 'n' play, a convertible car seat, baby bjorn carrier, and much, much more. Everyone was so generous and we are thankful for everything we got!

Overall, the shower was a success and I think everyone had a good time. Thanks again to my Mom and Aunt for such a wonderful party!! Here are a few pics from the day!

My baby carriage cake made by Heather:


Gabe and I


Place setting (candle for favors and "diapers"-some pink, some blue, filled with candy):


One of the tables all set up:


Prize table:


Opening gifts:








Baby Connor who was born 2 months ago:


Mom and I:


My friend Megan and I-here she's one day past her due date! We took another shot of us at her shower last month so this is the updated one!

No comments: