Saturday, October 3, 2009

First Illness

Yesterday we woke up to Avery having a pretty rough sounding cough. My poor baby has her first cold! We took her temperature and she didn't have one (yay!) so there isn't much we can do for her. We set up a humidifier in her bedroom and run that at night for her to try and loosen up the congestion. She has a little stuffed nose too but is eating completely fine. I had some plans of running errands yesterday, but with her being that way we decided to stay home and just relax instead. She woke up twice overnight last night-I think she coughed herself awake and then couldn't fall back asleep. I do have to say she is in very good spirits-she's still smiling and acting completely normal which is good. I was fearing she would be cranky and clingy, but she isn't so I'm happy about that. I just feel bad for her when she coughs-it breaks my heart! I knew it was a matter of time before she got sick with her going to daycare and the weather changing daily. So I know it's the first of many illnesses to come!

Oh, and Mommy got the cold as well!

No comments: