Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Avery!

Happy Birthday to my little sweetheart! I can't believe a year has gone by already.

Today has been a little bitter-sweet. It was a happy day as any birthday is, but I had my moments of getting choked up and teary eyed that my little baby is now a year old. I spent a lot of time reminiscing about her birth and the days leading up to it. It seems like so long ago, yet it also feels like it was just yesterday that I welcomed my baby into this world. It's hard to imagine life without her now!

We didn't do too much today. We took out some of Avery's new toys from her party and let her play and explore those. At lunch, she ate a banana like a big girl: And is drinking her milk (breastmilk still) like a champ at meals now! Yay!
My little birthday girl:
We had another 1st birthday party to go to today and we got there really late because Avery took forever to fall asleep for her nap in the afternoon. By the time we got to the party, they had already eaten and done cake so all we saw was the gift opening. And after that, everyone left so we were only there maybe an hour or so. Since we missed out on the food, we headed to DiBella's for subs since it's close and quick. We had a fun moment dancing to the music in there-all 3 of us were bouncing to the music-it was fun and we were laughing and that's what life is all about! By the time we got home, it was bath time and bedtime for Avery! And now her special day is coming to a close. I'm sure it'll be a blink of an eye and we'll be celebrating her next birthday...(I don't even want to think about it!)

Happy Birthday Avery! I love you pumpkin!

No comments: