Friday, June 25, 2010

You Are My Sunshine!

My Mom bought Avery a blow up pool probably a month ago or so.

The problem?

Avery is in a waterphobic stage now. She hates her baths and hates anything water related. We tried taking her swimming at our gym and she was not thrilled with it.

So, her blow up pool has been blown up in our living room for the past month. At first she was unsure of it (I think she knew it was supposed to have water in it!) but after a few days, she was in and out of it like a champ! Today I decided to take a leap and drag it outside and actually put some water in it. When she woke up from her nap, I got her all suited up (and so freakin' cute!) and we went outside. I have to take shots like these to remind me of how small she is! Love it!

Avery of course spent most of the time next to the pool. She would point at it and grunt, but that was about it. I had a bunch of her favorite toys floating in the inch of water, but that really didn't motivate her to get in it. After a bunch of prodding, I got her to splash....
That was the extent of her getting wet! I'm sure by the end of the summer she'll be ready to dive in just because it'll be time to not go swimming any longer this year!


No comments: