Friday, November 5, 2010

Chicken Sour Cream Casserole

I actually made this recipe last week and never posted it. And (shame on me) I never took any pictures of it either!

I got this from a chat board that I go on...we decided to do a weekly recipe post so this was one that was posted a few weeks ago.

Chicken Sour Cream Casserole
4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
8oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup chicken broth
cracker crumbs mixed with melted butter


1. In a casserole dish, pour 3/4 of the cracker/butter mixture on the bottom.

2. Layer cubed chicken on top.

3. Combine soup, broth, and sour cream. Pour over chicken.

4. Top with remaining cracker mixture.

5. Bake at 350 for 20min.



Notes: I used a 2.5qt casserole dish and it worked out fine. Instead of chicken breasts, I bought the tenderloins (like chicken fingers)-it was just over 1lb of chicken. I cut them into pieces and pan fried them. For the crackers, I used about 1/2 sleeve of town house crackers (sort of like Ritz) and about 1-2tbsp of melted butter. I served this with a side of brown rice and both of us ended up mixing the rice in with it.



This recipe was very good. It reminds me of this recipe a little bit because the sauce tastes the same. It was very easy and both of us liked it. We'll definitely make this again!

No comments: