Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Today is a day for giving thanks and taking time out to think about the things you do have and not the things you don't.

It's a day to step back and reflect.

A day to think of those little things we take for granted and realize that some people out there don't have those little things at all....things like food, clean water, shelter, electricity, heat, an income (or two). Things that we don't think twice about that many people out there just don't have.

I am thankful for many things. I obviously can't list them all because it would take me a very long time, but I can touch on a few.

I'm thankful for my husband, my better half. He is my everything and I don't know what I would do without his love and support. He is such a driven person and the most amazing Dad (I knew he would be!). I'm thankful everyday for that man.

And of course I'm thankful for this munchkin: look at that stinkin' face!
She is just a blessing. Yes, she's challenging at times, but when she runs up to you yelling "Mama" with her arms open wide for a hug, it's the best thing in the world. I love watching her grow into a little person-it's so fun to see (of course sad to see her not a baby anymore). I just love her to pieces.


I'm thankful for my amazing family and friends...without them I wouldn't be who I am or where I am today. I'm grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life to lean on.


I'm thankful for our home. It's warm and cozy and ours.


I'm thankful for our jobs-that we have security in this (still) struggling economy.


I'm thankful for the health of everyone around us. We have all been very fortunate to have good health.


We are so blessed in so many ways and we recognize it. I hope you all recognize the blessings in your life as well.


And a few photos from our day today to lighten the mood! We hung out in our jammies all morning and had cinnamon rolls and watched the parade. Gabe tried having Avery snuggle under the blanket:



but she wasn't interested:
She was quite the sleepy head at naptime...we woke her up after 3 hours because his family was waiting for our arrival-yeah, that wasn't the best idea because someone woke up very grumpy. But look how darn cute she is!


My Mom and Aunt Pat drove in to have dinner with us which was very nice!

And of course Avery had a blast with her cousins. She was all about giving Owen hugs and kisses!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




No comments: