Yesterday was a day of doctors...one planned, one not planned!
Avery was up once overnight Monday night with a real odd sounding cough. She seemed fine on Tuesday and went to daycare like normal. Wednesday morning she woke up and had a pretty rough coughing fit for about 10mins and it was a real dry, barking cough. I immediately thought it was croup so we decided to take her to walk-in hours at her doctors. Sure enough, she has croup and she also has an ear infection. We gave her a steroid to deal with the croup and were sent home with a prescription for Amoxicillin....he told us her ear looked like it had been there a few days and we could try to ride it out...only to use the drugs if she got worse, spiked a fever, etc.
Then it was my (scheduled) turn for the doctors. I went and saw an allergist (finally). When I had a physical back in March, I talked to my regular doctor about some issues I've been having since I was a child, and he referred me to an allergist. Unfortunately I had to wait almost 2 months to get in to see this guy. And even worse? He's going to do skin testing on me, but not for another 2 months! I wasn't too happy with that at all. I was hoping that they would have done the skin test yesterday when I went, but apparently I had to meet with the doc first to see if I'm "worthy" of being tested....which I guess I am worthy of that! He did give me some new allergy meds to take (a pill and nasal spray) so I'm hoping those do the trick until I see him again in a few months. I figure I've been dealing with this for at least 25 years, what the hell is another 2 months right?! Ugh....Oh, and today I went and got the stuff he recommended-yeah, $30 for a one month supply. That's going to cost me a fortune to do year-round! Yikes!
And of course tonight Avery spiked a fever so I had to run to the store to fill her Amoxicillin. Yeah, good times. Now she's on that for 10 days and giving it to her is not fun. I just hope she feels better soon! We're supposed to take her for a follow up for her eye tomorrow, but not sure if we will or not...it all depends on how she feels in the morning.