Thursday, October 20, 2011

26 Weeks-Baby #2

So I'm at 26 weeks now-hard to believe that next week I'll be in the 3rd trimester already! It's crazy how fast it's going by this time! January still seems so far away to me, but when you think I have 14 weeks left, it doesn't seem like much!


How I'm feeling/sleeping: Pretty well at this point. Sleep is still hit or miss and I'm up at least once to use the bathroom. I have the occasional swollen ankles or back ache, but that's about it really.

Appointments/events: I had my monthly appointment last Friday. I gained 5lbs since last month (for a total of 13lbs so far). I also had to do my glucose test that day. I haven't heard anything from the office so I'm assuming it went ok. They told me if something was wrong that they would call me. My doctor wanted me to get a c-section on the book in case we have to have one again. She said the OR schedule fills up fast so she wanted me to get one booked ASAP. I had the choice of 39, 40, or 41 weeks and she told me she needed to know at my next appointment. Well, they must have taken it upon themselves to schedule it because I got a call yesterday that I'm scheduled on January 27th! My due date is the 25th so we'll see what happens. I know my doctor only works part-time and on the 27th I'm guaranteed to have her do the surgery, so that's fine with me. Plus it's a Friday so Gabe won't have to take too much time off of work! It's pretty weird having an "eviction date" though!

Cravings/Aversions: Still not inclined to eat oatmeal or peanut butter but everything else is fair game. I was dying for rice krispy treats the other day so I made some while Avery napped. I was out of rice krispies so I used Cheerios instead. They hit the spot!

Movement: Yes! Baby seems to be more active these days-I have many times in a day that I feel lots of movement (of course one of them is when I go to bed!). I'm not sure if the baby is still breech, but I do feel a lot of movement down low-mostly below my belly button. I honestly don't remember where I felt it when I was pregnant with Avery!

Avery's thoughts: She still tells everyone that baby is a girl! Now when we ask her what to name the baby, she says "girl"....nice name! Haha!


Here are this week's pics...the grey shirt is yesterday at 26 weeks and the red shirt is me at 27 weeks with Avery. Hard to tell if I'm bigger now or not. I weigh exactly the same as I did with Avery at this point.


No comments: