Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day-Day 2

Merry Christmas!

Our day started with Avery getting up and we had to remind her that Santa had come overnight. We brought her downstairs and asked "where did Santa put the gifts?" and Avery actually ran to the back door to the garage! We were laughing at that! We had to tell her they were under the tree and then she ran to the tree and got all excited saying "I want to open them!"

We didn't go super crazy with gifts for her. Gabe and I got her some PJs, an Aquadoodle, the Memory game, a Big Sister book, and a Mrs. Potato Head.

Santa brought her some cozy PJs, a piggy bank, finger paints, watercolor paints, a reese's pieces candy cane, a butterfly bow for her hair, and a radio flyer wagon.

She had a blast opening everything and of course once she opened something she wanted to play with it! I think by 10am we already had the Aquadoodle, potato head and finger paints out!

It was her first time finger painting with us, so of course I had to take a few photos of her!


Look at my hands!

While I was on the phone, Gabe told Avery to paint my tummy. She was very hesitant to do it even when I told her she could, but after a few minutes she caved in and tried it out! 

We had a pretty relaxing morning. Had a good breakfast and just played with new toys. We went over my In-Laws' house around 4pm to just open gifts (the formal dinner was on the 26th).  The kids had a lot of fun, but I think by the end Avery had had enough-she didn't nap so of course she was exhausted and was actually not into opening gifts near the end. 

Here is our nephew opening a very cool plane ornament we got him. He loved it!

And Avery (looking like a ragamuffin) with our niece:

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday filled with those who are special to you and filled with many  memorable moments!

Happy Holidays from our home to yours!

No comments: