Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Egg Salad Junkie

Lately, I've been really into egg salad. I don't know why, but whenever I think of it recently, it sounds SO yummy! Now as a kid, anything with mayo did NOT appeal to me-egg salad, chicken salad, etc. Luckily I grew out of that phase and can eat those things now. I usually prefer chicken salad over egg salad, but I think to make it yourself, egg salad is much easier. The past few weeks whenever I need a hard boiled egg for something, I make extras so I can make egg salad for my lunch. And it is very, very good! I don't have a set recipe per se-I have my standard things I put in, but I've never measured it out.

Here's what I use:

-hard boiled eggs (I usually do 3 of them or so-enough for 2 sandwiches or so I'm guessing)
-Mayo (not a lot-I don't like to be overwhelmed by the taste of mayo-I maybe put in 1-2 tablespoons-enough to coat the egg mixture)
-pickles cut into very small pieces-either dill or bread and butter ones
-salt and pepper to taste
-a small squirt of mustard (a condiment I can't stand on its own)
-a pinch of paprika

That's it-mix it all up and slap it on some bread-YUMMY!! Guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I add some diced celery and onions...extra flavor...yummy too! :+)