Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My Mom came in from Buffalo last night-we had my in-laws over for dinner and made some yummy steaks! Mom stayed overnight so we could all go to brunch today to celebrate Mother's Day.

Gabe's family typically does brunch every Mother's Day. The past few years we've gone to Shadow Lake which was nice. This year when his Dad called for reservations, they were all booked! So we ended up going to the Hyatt instead. And boy, was it nice!! I thought the selection of food and quality of food was much better than Shadow Lake.

This is how the room was set up (the tables all had pink napkins with a nice begonia in the center of the table):


This was an ice sculpture they had along the buffet:


They had so much food there! They had a really nice salad station with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, candied walnuts, goat cheese, etc. along with a bunch of pasta salads. They had a decent display of fruits. For hot items they had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, cheese blintzes (SO GOOD!), cheese tortollini in pesto sauce, several seafood dishes and chicken in sherry sauce. They also had an omelet station which I didn't even go to. They had a waffle station with all sorts of toppings (maple syrup, strawberries, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, walnuts) and tons of pastries and bagels with flavored butters (chocolate, orange, etc.). They had a carving station with prime rib and turkey with all the fixins-stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn bread, gravy.

Then there was dessert-holy cow! I could have eaten just that and been full! They had all sorts of mini desserts like cannolis, cream puffs, profiterols, cookies, mini pies. I had something I wish I took a picture of. It was a cup made out of chocolate that was brown, pink and white. It was filled with chocolate mousse and shaved chocolate and had fruit on the plate around it. Very good and very pretty. I didn't think of taking a photo of it! The best part?! An ice cream buffet! Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry ice creams with tons of toppings-caramel or chocolate sauce, crushed oreos, heath bars, M&M's, butterfinger, sprinkles, whipped cream and warmed nuts....so yummy!

Needless to say, we were all sick by the time we left from eating so much! You just want to try everything but your stomach just can't hold all of that food (especially mine with a baby pushing on it!). I think the Hyatt was a winner and we'll definitely go back! I also should mention they had a children's room with kid friendly foods and a clown there making balloon animals and doing face painting. It was very cute! And each Mother got a pretty pink rose as well. I felt a little funny celebrating since baby's not in my arms yet, but everyone was wishing me a happy Mother's Day anyways!!

Here's my Mom and I:


Our niece Bianca (I have no clue why it turned out sideways-it's facing the right way on my computer, but uploaded it gets rotated? Odd):


Molly, Camille, and Gabe:


Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there! Enjoy!

No comments: