Monday, May 25, 2009

End of the Long Weekend

It's Monday night-back to work tomorrow! My weekend was pretty productive. I went to the gym both Saturday and Sunday (yes I'm still going!). I got all of the baby laundry done and all of the clothes, bedding, towels put away. I found a home for all of the diapers and wipes and got part of the changing station set up. I organized all of the books we got and put the "young" books (0-12 mos) in a basket in the nursery. We went to Lowe's and picked out new blinds and found some shelves that we'll put up once the crib arrives. Today I put our stroller together and set up the diaper pail. Out of all of the gifts, I'd say I have about 1/3 left to put away. But some of it is stuff for the crib, which we're waiting on. The rest of it?! Well, it's stuff I just don't know what to do with at the moment. Most of it is stuff we either won't use right away (potty chair, hook on chair for restaurants) or is stuff we'll use right away, but not everyday (baby tub, baby bjorn carrier, etc.). I'm finding that we don't have a ton of storage room so I'm just stuck at the moment as to where to put that stuff. I'm sure the stuff we won't need right away will make its way to the attic eventually. The stuff we'll use but not everyday? Hmmm....have to think about that for a bit! Once we get the crib and glider in the room, then I'll see what the space is like in there and get things settled in the room. But for now it'll just stay where it's been since the showers-in the dining room!

Besides baby stuff, I did the usual grocery shopping and we also went to my in-laws for a cookout today (and to Lugia's for ice cream after-YUM!). This weekend was just so nice out-the weather couldn't have been better! Gotta love long weekends!!

1 comment:

buffalojoe said...

Nik,

It was great to read up on what's new with you, the husband, the cat and the baby!

Sounds like you need to create a solution for storage. There are some pretty cool and cheap options for storing things in plain sight at the Container Store and Ikea.

I look forward to hearing what you come up with since everything having a place is my pet peeve!