Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Might Be Pregnant For Awhile....

So today I had my 39 week appointment...which technically I'm 39.5 weeks, but whatever. Anyways, ZERO progress-I'm still not dilated and only 50% effaced! The doctor said she expected me to be further along than this and that the baby hadn't dropped as much as she would have liked. So, she tried to "move things along" and opened me up to about 1cm, although she called it a "pseudo-1cm" since she did it and I didn't do it naturally. So, I'm crossing my fingers that her doing that gets things rolling.

If not? Well, my next appointment is next Tuesday where I'll be past my due date. They'll do a regular visit along with a non-stress test and an ultrasound to check fluid levels. If all looks good? They do nothing....if things don't look good, then they'll take action of some sort.

She told me they normally don't induce until you're 1-2 weeks past due. Since 1 week past due is July 3rd, they wouldn't induce me until after the holiday weekend, so not until the week of July 6th. Right now that sounds like forever away! I know it isn't, but when your due date is days away and that's almost 2 weeks away, it does seem like forever! Especially when you're 9 months pregnant!!

Oh, and if I happen to go into labor over 4th of July weekend, I'll end up with some random doctor...all of the docs at my practice are not on call that weekend for some reason which sucks. So I'm really really hoping I don't go that weekend!

So folks, cross your fingers that I go on my own and that it happens sooner rather than later! I'd rather not get induced at all so I'm hoping I go naturally and of course the longer it goes, the bigger I (and baby) get and the more uncomfortable things will be!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you & good luck!!